Sesame Place is launching its all-new, family-friendly Mardi Gras Celebration on Friday, Feb. 17. It runs through Sunday, March 19. Highlights include:
– The Sesame Street Mardi Gras Parade
– Fan-favorite show Elmo the Musical, Live!
– Earn a special prize at Mr. Hooper’s Gift Shop after searching for the decorative Mardi Gras masks hidden through the park in the Mardi Gras Scavenger Hunt
– Stilt walkers dressed in festive costumes and bead brigades passing by with celebratory souvenir beads
– On select weekends, dance along to interactive Mummers Band Shows from the award-winning Quaker City String Band at Oscar’s Wacky Taxi Stage
– Gather on the upper level of Elmo’s Pizza Kitchen for an interactive Sesame Street Storytime, followed by a surprise visit from a Sesame Street friend (this is first-come, first-served and limited capacity)
– Menu items made famous by the city of New Orleans at Cookie Monster’s Foodie Truck and the Plaza Carts, including jambalaya, hush puppies, beignets and a variety of flavored funnel cakes
– For a limited time, join favorite furry friends for a fun-filled feast at the Mardi Gras Dine with Elmo and Friends, featuring song-and-dance performances, traditional New Orleans music and a mini Mardi Gras parade for young guests; enjoy child-friendly American menu options and buffet service (reservations required)
– See favorite Sesame Street friends dressed in celebratory Mardi Gras costumes for photo opportunities at Abby’s Paradise Theater and at the Sesame Street Neighborhood
– Season Pass Members can visit Dine with Elmo and Friends on select days for an exclusive season pass member meet-and-greet to take pictures with surprise friends from Sesame Street (first-come, first-served and limited capacity)
Visit sesameplace.com/philadelphia/ for more information.