Earlier this year, HealthLink Dental Clinic, which provides free dental services to low-income residents and veterans of Bucks and Montgomery counties, announced that it sold its 1775 Street Road, Southampton headquarters of 20 years.
This week, HealthLink revealed that in August, it will open the doors to its new location in Hatboro, which the clinic’s leadership feels better meets the needs of patients and the organization.
An official statement read: “While we love our clinic in Southampton, we have more space than we can feasibly use, and it is difficult for some patients to get here. Our new clinic is exactly what we need. The new site is in the heart of Hatboro Borough and is close to the train station and a SEPTA bus stop, making it much more accessible for patients and potential patients who do not have a car.”
HealthLink relies on financial support from the community. Last year, it provided nearly $788,000 in free dental care to 1,820 patients. The clinic is current accepting donations to cover relocation costs, which total an estimated $50,000 and include:
– Renovating a bathroom to ensure ADA compliance and accessibility for all
– Plumbing and electrical work necessary for the installation of dental chairs and equipment
– Removal of dental chairs, panoramic X-ray machine and dental vacuum system from Southampton location; relocation and reinstallment of that equipment in the Hatboro location
– Purchase of a new intraoral X-ray system, master water control valve and amalgam separator
– Paint and other finishes to create a warm and friendly environment for patients
Click here for donation information.