YMCA of Bucks County is celebrating the change of season with free Spring Fling weekend events for families across the county. The weekend is designed to celebrate the grand opening of the Y’s Doylestown branch expansion, the recent addition of a pool to the Warminster branch, Healthy Kids Day in Fairless Hills, and the kickoff of summer camp season.
Held primarily outdoors, the family events are free and open to the community, each with different offerings and activities, including inflatables, food trucks, games, music, group exercise sample classes, facilities tours and more.
At the Doylestown branch, the Friday evening event will include tours of the 22,000-square-foot expansion, including the wellness center, universal locker rooms, and spin and program studios. The new spaces include high ceilings, new HVAC and new UV-C air sanitizing units.
While all events are free, advanced registration is requested at ymcabucks.org/springfling to ensure that outdoor and indoor safety protocols are met. Events include:
– Doylestown Branch Grand Opening Celebration on April 23, from 5 to 7:30 p.m., at 2500 Lower State Road, Doylestown
– Healthy Kids Day in Fairless Hills on April 24, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Saint Frances Cabrini, 325 Oxford Valley Road, Fairless Hills
– Quakertown Spring Fling on April 23, from 5 to 7:30 p.m., at 401 Fairview Ave., Quakertown
– Warminster Spring Fling on April 23, from 5 to 7:30 p.m., at 624 York Road, Warminster
– Newtown Open House on April 23, from 5 to 7:30 p.m., at 190 Sycamore St., Newtown
To encourage the community to begin or continue a healthy lifestyle, the Y in Bucks County is encouraging individuals and families to join the Y anytime in April and pay nothing until May. Membership includes wellness centers, state-of-the-art cardio equipment, indoor and outdoor group exercise classes, unlimited online access to Y Wellness, and live and on-demand wellness classes.
The Doylestown, Quakertown and Warminster branches offer pools with free, daily recreational swim and aqua group exercise classes available, as well as swim lessons for youth and adults. Membership at any branch provides a reduced rate on all YMCA programs, including summer camp.
Visit ymcabucks.org or call 215-348-8131 for more information.