Middletown Township Parks & Recreation is offering virtual fitness classes and youth programming this week. The schedule includes:
– Tuesday: Creative Cartooning (Animals) with Mr. David C. Perry, from 1 to 1:45 p.m.; Yoga with Carol, from 6 to 7 p.m.; and Zumba with Carolyn, from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m.
– Wednesday: Yoga with Carol, from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m.; and Yang Family Tai Chi with Jason, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
– Thursday: Creative Cartooning (Animals) with Mr. David C. Perry, from 1 to 1:45 p.m.; Yoga with Loretta, from 6 to 7 p.m.; and Zumba with Carolyn, from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m.
– Saturday: Yoga with Loretta, from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m.; and Young Rembrandts Virtual Classes (registrants will receive class link Saturday morning)
Creative Cartooning is a live, interactive class by caricaturist Perry that will have children exploring their creativity and having fun in the process. The theme this week is animals. It will be broadcast on GoToMeeting Tuesday and Thursday, at 1 p.m.
For the new Young Rembrandts online drawing lessons, registration is required. The program is free. Register at parksandrec.middletownbucks.org/live/ParksRec/portal/Home. Log in to your account/create an account, and register for “Young Rembrandts Virtual Classes Session 1.” If you have any registration issues, email email@example.com for assistance.
Registration will be open throughout the three weeks of the program. Register by Friday, April 10, at noon, to receive the link for the Saturday, April 11 class. If you miss the deadline, you can still register, but you will not receive a class link until the following Saturday. Classes are 45 minutes and can be used up to five times until the next class link is sent out.
New programs will continue to be added to the schedule. To join any of these classes, use the following instructions:
– GoToMeeting is used for the online classes; to enter the class, click gotomeet.me/MiddletownParksRecreation a few minutes before class is set to start
– You do not need a webcam or microphone to enter the class, just a computer to view the class from that has speakers to hear class instructions; if you do have a webcam and microphone, make sure to turn the camera off and mute the microphone, if they are not already muted by the instructor
– GoToMeeting will ask you to download an app or a plug in for your web browser; please follow the instructions when it prompts you to complete this process after clicking the link
– If you are using a tablet or smartphone, you will need to download the app from your app store; when you are in the app, search for “MiddletownParksRecreation” in the “Join A Meeting” section
Email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will allow Parks & Recreation to improve these programs.