At its annual March meeting, the Bristol Borough Education Foundation awarded $8,850 to Bristol Borough School District teachers to support their recommended projects and programs. Awards were the following:
– $2,500 Writer’s Voice, Bristol High School
– $1,000 Lenape Village Trip, Grade 4
– $1,000 Day at the Theatre, Enrichment Grades 4-6
– $1,000 Delaware River Excursion, Enrichment Grades 4-6
– $1,000 DARE Program, Grade 5
– $750 Math Night, Snyder-Girotti Elementary School
– $500 Bowling Team Apparel, Grades 9-12
– $400 “Lock-in Program,” Grades 7-8
– $400 Lumens Document Camera, Grade 2
– $300 Classroom Library, Grade 8
Since its creation by the Grundy Foundation in 2008, BBEF has distributed $90,613, including the above, to enhance learning and to supplement curricula resources provided by the district. Funding is made possible through endowment growth, teachers’ generous payroll deductions and fundraising activities.
BBEF advisors are former BBSD faculty Barbara Olshefsky, Phil Quattrocchi and Deborah Fine, currently faculty member Michele Hager, and borough resident and president, Allied Electronics’ Ron Walker. Superintendent Dr. Rose Minniti is an ex-officio advisor.