Sesame Place will transform into a holiday wonderland during the annual A Very Furry Christmas celebration, which kicks off Nov. 17 and runs through Jan. 7. Guests can enjoy lights, family-friendly attractions, seasonal special events, tasty treats and unique photo opportunities with Sesame Street friends in their holiday best.
A Season Pass Member-only preview is set for Friday, Nov. 17. On Saturday, Nov. 18, Sesame Place officially welcomes Santa Claus at Santa’s Grand Illumination, in which Santa himself will illuminate the park in a dazzling display to kick off the holiday season.
New in 2023, guests can have one-on-one interactions with Santa in two different ways:
– Meet Santa at Santa’s Christmas Dine, a holiday feast featuring photo opportunities with Santa and Sesame Street friends on select dates through Friday, Dec. 29. Reservations are required.
– Santa will also welcome guests at Santa’s Furry Workshop. This Christmas meet & greet will receive an innovative upgrade to its queue, providing more fun and comfort for guests as they prepare to meet Santa. The queue will wind through three themed sections with interactive elements, activities for families, Christmas card-worthy photo opportunities, and food and beverage options.
“We’re proud to create this quintessential holiday experience for our guests,” said PJ Schweizer, events and production manager at Sesame Place. “Santa’s Furry Workshop is one of our most popular Christmas attractions. Our new queue will keep families engaged, and we are excited to see guests’ reactions to the magical, immersive enhancements we have planned this year.”
Guests can also gather in Sesame Studio Theater for a festive Christmas Storytime, followed by a meet & greet with a surprise furry friend.
During A Very Furry Christmas, Sesame Place will also celebrate special holiday events with new entertainment offerings:
– Celebrate the Festival of Lights with a Hanukkah Celebration, Dec. 8-10. In addition to a Hanukkah sing-along and Menorah Lighting Ceremony, guests can enjoy an all-new Hanukkah Storytime and Hanukkah activity station.
– Only on Dec. 24, guests can gather at Sesame Neighborhood for Santa’s ‘Twas the Night Celebration, a spirited Christmas Eve send-off for Santa Claus on the night of his big ride.
Each night of Kwanzaa, Dec. 26-Jan. 1, guests are invited to join their favorite furry friends for a Kwanzaa Celebration, including a Kinara Lighting Ceremony and an all-new African Dance Group Performance.
– Sesame Place will ring in 2024 with its “C…is for Celebrate!” New Year’s Eve Fireworks on Sunday, Dec. 31. For the first time, The Count’s Countdown to New Year’s Celebration Dine with Elmo & Friends experience will be available Dec. 30-Jan. 7.
In addition to these new experiences, guests can anticipate the return of fan-favorite holiday fun. Highlights include meet & greets at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland, shopping at the Merry Marketplace, and delectable delights at Cookies and Cocoa with Cookie Monster. Guests can also jingle bell rock along to their favorite heartwarming holiday shows, including Elmo’s Christmas Wish, A Very Merry Sesame Street Sing-Along, the Furry Friends Christmas Dance Party, 1-2-3 Christmas Tree Light Show and the Sesame Street Christmas Parade.
The Sesame Place Store, the largest Sesame Street-themed shop in the world, is now open daily, just in time to find holiday presents, including ornaments, cozy winter wear and themed Spirit Jerseys, Loungefly bags and holiday mementos from the Nutcracker and Gingerbread collections.
Season Pass Members will receive special rewards throughout A Very Furry Christmas, including an exclusive viewing area for Santa’s Grand Illumination.
Visit sesameplace.com/philadelphia/ for more information.