Bucks County Coroner Meredith Buck announced that her office has identified five of the county’s unclaimed decedents who died between 2008 and 2010 as being United States veterans, including a World War II veteran, three from the Vietnam Era and one from the Korean War Era.
“The community is invited to join the Bucks County Coroner’s Office at the Unattended Veterans Service at Washington Crossing National Cemetery to honor men who served our country and have them properly laid to rest,” said Buck.
The ceremony is being held at 830 Highland Road, Newtown, on Thursday, May 25, at 2 p.m. The veterans being interred are:
– Richard Cadwallder, U.S. Army (Private), Vietnam Era, from Morrisville (DOD: 4/10/08)
– John Gale, U.S. Navy (Radioman Petty Officer 3rd Class), Vietnam Era, from Middletown Township (DOD: 5/21/2010)
– Joseph Kosco, U.S. Army (Specialist 3rd Class), Korean Era, from Telford Borough (DOD: 9/6/2009)
– Joseph Miller, U.S. Army (Private 1st Class), World War II Era, from Middletown Township (DOD: 12/19/10)
– Bruce Nelson, U.S. Army (Specialist 4th Class), Vietnam Era, from Middletown Township (DOD: 12/16/09)
During the ceremony, these veterans’ names will be read, and the Pennsylvania Military Honors team will present the flag on behalf of the veterans. A rifle salute and live Taps will be provided. After the ceremony, the veterans will each be placed in their own niche in the columbarium which will be engraved with “Proudly Served.”