Sesame Place is officially debuting its new attractions — Bert & Ernie’s Splashy Shores and Big Bird’s Beach, plus the entertainment experience Small Talk with Big Bird — on Saturday, May 27.
At the water play area, Bert & Ernie’s Splashy Shores, guests can splish, splash, spray and play under tipping water buckets, spraying jets, a water curtain, a water bobble and a spraying water tower. Located on Sesame Island, this water adventure area is perfect for the whole family to cool off with plenty of water fun and shaded seating.
Big Bird’s Beach, previously known as Twiddlebug Land, has been transformed and updated into a new tropical-themed land. Guests can enjoy water slides, a family-friendly wave pool, a refreshing splash and spray area and shaded seating areas. Newly updated attractions in this seaside oasis include Elmo’s Surf ‘n’ Slide, Abby’s Splash & Spray Garden, Rosita’s Seaside Slides and Little Bird’s Bay. The recently-renovated Big Bird’s Beach Cabanas, which include access to a private splash area, will be available for purchase to make the day extra relaxing.
The grand opening includes music, VIP giveaways and everyone’s favorite furry friends. The schedule is as follows:
– Grand Opening Ceremony: At 10:30 a.m., guests are invited to gather at the entryway of Big Bird’s Beach to officially introduce the new attractions. After the ceremony, they can enjoy the new attractions.
– Splashtastic Beach Bash: Directly following the ceremony, guests can visit Sesame Island to move and groove to summer tunes while enjoying bubbly fun at this bubble-filled dance party until noon.
– Duck Drop: Just after the ceremony until noon, guests will have a chance to win prizes in this game of chance. Prizes include Sesame Cash, Sesame Street-themed merchandise and more. One prize per guest, while supplies last.
– Small Talk with Big Bird: Guests can visit Big Bird’s nest for an all-new, enhanced meet & greet experience with Sesame Street’s tallest feathered friend throughout the day.
– Meet & Greets: Guests can meet and take photos with some of their favorite Sesame Street friends in their new beach attire.
– VIP Giveaways: Guests will receive a welcome lei upon entry to the park. Season pass members can stop by Sesame Studio Theater between 2 to 6 p.m. to receive a free Cookie Monster towel to commemorate the occasion. Giveaways are first-come, first-served, while supplies last. One per guest.
– Splashtacular Treat: On May 27 only, guests can stop by Cookie Monster’s Funnel Cakes & More for a refreshing, event-only Splashy Seas Blue Lemonade.
The park is also introducing the all-new show Welcome to the Party!. In the show, Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Cookie Monster, Grover and Rosita all want to put on a show to welcome their new friends to Sesame Street. With the help of some new friends, like Elmo’s puppy Tango, the pals realize that by working together, they can put on the biggest, most spectacular welcome show of all. Guests can catch this show beginning Saturday, June 24, at Abby’s Paradise Theater.
Visit SesamePlace.com/Philadelphia for more information.