Centennial School District is collaborating with the YMCA of Bucks and Hunterdon Counties to extend its programs, services and staff expertise in youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to district students, staff and families.
“This Memorandum of Understanding brings together two organizations working collaboratively to support Centennial School District with its efforts to continue to be an employer and school district of choice,” said Superintendent Dr. Dana T. Bedden. “It aligns with our mission to build intellect, forge partnerships and engage students to be future ready while supporting our school district’s commitment to social, emotional, academic and physical wellbeing. On behalf of the Centennial School District board of school directors and our CSD community, I want to thank the Y leadership and team for working collaboratively to make this partnership happen.”
The MOU focuses on several objectives, which include but are not limited to the following:
Youth Development and Social Responsibility
– Safety Around Water: Second Grade Swim Initiative – all rising second-graders will have the opportunity to be swim tested during the summer concluding their first grade year out of the Y’s Fairless Hills, Doylestown, Warminster or Quakertown membership branches. Students who do not pass the safety swim test will be provided complimentary safety swim lessons, funded by the generosity of YMCA donors.
– 7th Grade YMCA Membership – a complimentary, annual membership to all students within the seventh grade
– Empower U – a program for teen girls enrolled in grades 7-10 designed by young women, for young women. Empower U enhances self-image through physical activity, healthy relationships and confidence-building.
– Stand Up – a program for teen boys in grades 7-10 designed to instill the 10 Character Traits such as responsibility, loyalty and integrity through physical activity, teamwork, projects and mentorship
– Camp Bucks Summer Program – a six-week summer camp program aligned with CSD’s Panther Cub and All-Stars Summer Program from June to the end of July
– Esports and Tech Education
– From Jan. 1-Aug. 31, 2023, all faculty and staff of Centennial School District will receive an adult, complimentary membership to any of the Y’s seven membership branches in Bucks County and Hunterdon County, New Jersey
– Membership includes full facility access (wellness, aquatics, group exercise, etc.) and reduced program fees
– Faculty and staff can also apply the value of their complimentary adult membership to upgrade to an adult couple or family membership at a reduced rate
– All new Centennial School District faculty and staff employed as of Sept. 1, 2023 will also receive the eight-month membership benefit, expiring April 30, 2024
“We have long valued Centennial School District as a community asset and partner and are excited to collaborate with them on the Partner Well, Live Well initiative,” said YMCA president and CEO Zane Moore. “Through this jointly supported program, we will positively impact thousands of lives through Y membership and programs that address the physical, emotional and mental health of students and staff alike.”