Bucks County Playhouse Youth Company is accepting video audition submissions for five male roles, ages 13-18, for its upcoming production of ALiEN8.
Audition submissions should include the following: auditioner’s name and age, singing 16-32 bars of any song, as well as reading each audition scene as Ethan, Zach, Brasfield and Ray Berry. Details on each role are below:
– Ethan: male, student, a bit of an internet conspiracy theorist. Vocal range is baritone, A2-E4
– Zach: male, student, whatever his sexuality is, he hasn’t figured it out yet. Vocal range is tenor, D3-Ab4
– Brasfield: male, guidance counselor, tries to do the right thing. Vocal range is tenor, C3-A4
– Ray Berry: male, Zach’s father, used to be a semi-famous rock star. Vocal range is rock tenor, C#3-F#4
– Walter/Ensemble: male, featured ensemble
Contact Ellen Gallos, assistant director of education, at firstname.lastname@example.org for scene materials, as well as to submit audition videos.
Performances are on Thursday, Aug. 4, Friday, Aug. 5 and Saturday, Aug. 6, at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. on the main stage at Bucks County Playhouse, 70 S. Main St. in New Hope.
ALiEN8 is a new contemporary musical written in the style of Dear Evan Hansen, Be More Chill and Heather that tells the story of a wounded town reckoning with their shame and finding connection through forgiveness. There’s a buried secret and a community determined to keep it that way; a catastrophe that twists, breaks and reshapes every facet of their lives; and a mysterious stranger who seems to know them better than they know themselves. ALiEN8 challenges us to think deeply about who we really are, who we want to be, and how to reconcile the differences between the two.
Written by David Lee White and Kate Brennan, ALiEN8, developed with and written for teenagers, speaks to intergenerational views of gender, identity and inclusion within an anthem of belonging, love and acceptance.