HomeBensalem TimesFunding opportunity for recovery houses seeking licensure

Funding opportunity for recovery houses seeking licensure

$1 million in grant funding is available for recovery houses to provide safe housing for individuals recovering from a substance use disorder


The departments of Drug and Alcohol Programs and Community & Economic Development recently announced the availability of more than $1 million in grant funding for recovery houses to provide safe housing for individuals in recovery from a substance use disorder.

“Access to stable housing is essential in an individual’s recovery journey,” said DDAP Secretary Jen Smith. “Part of our effort to ensure the availability of safe, supportive housing is our recent implementation of the recovery house licensure program. This funding will provide resources for recovery house owners to meet these licensure requirements, which will expand Pennsylvania’s network of licensed houses and provide more individuals with access to a safe recovery environment.”

The grants are designed to assist existing recovery house facilities with physical upgrades to comply with all federal, state and local laws and ordinances, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, which is needed to receive a recovery house license through DDAP.

“DCED is excited to partner with DDAP to provide funds for safe housing opportunities for those recovering from substance use disorders,” said DCED Acting Secretary Neil Weaver. “We share in DDAP’s sentiment that safe and healthy environments will allow individuals to focus on their recovery.”

Grants up to $50,000 for a 12-month period beginning July 1, 2022 will be awarded to between 22 and 25 eligible applicants for health and safety upgrades, including demolition, debris removal, rehabilitation improvements, environmental remediation costs, and construction and inspections to comply with DDAP’s regulations. To be eligible, applicants must:

– Be able to provide individuals recovering from SUD with a safe and supportive drug and alcohol-free environment, which may include peer support and other recovery and support services
– Become registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State as a business to provide recovery housing for individuals recovering from SUD according to Act 59 of 2017 and any subsequent regulations thereafter
– Become licensed by DDAP as a Drug and Alcohol Recovery House as defined in Section 2311-A of the Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P.S § 613.11) to be reimbursed under this funding opportunity
– Permit the use of FDA-approved medications for opioid use disorder on the premises for residents utilizing medication

Completed applications must be submitted via email to RA-DAGrantsMgmt@pa.gov. The application period will remain open until the availability of funding is exhausted. Information on the grants and the application process is available here. Questions can be directed to the email address.

Funding for these grants is provided from the $1.2 million awarded to Pennsylvania through the SUPPORT Act from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

clear sky
24.7 ° F
27.2 °
21.3 °
51 %
0 %
44 °
56 °
63 °
62 °
64 °
- Advertisment -

Current Issue

19006 Huntingdon Valley