On Jan. 26, the tourism agency Visit Bucks County hosted its annual “What’s Ahead in Bucks County” to outline the hospitality industry’s success in 2021 and the jam-packed schedule for 2022.
According to VBC president and COO Paul Bencivengo, tourism saw an incredible rebound in 2021 following a decline in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Hotel occupancy enjoyed its best September at 74.4 percent, with the average daily hotel rate at $119. Additionally, VisitBucksCounty.com saw a record 3.5 million pageviews and 1.5 million users.
Bencivengo outlined a few events that locals and tourists alike can look forward to this year:
– Big Bird’s Tour Bus is coming to Sesame Place in April
– Parx Casino’s Xcite Center is welcoming Melissa Etheridge, Wayne Brady and more
– Pennsbury Manor’s season opens with Charter Day on Sunday, March 13
– VBC is partnering with the Arts & Cultural Council of Bucks County to launch the Bucks County Art & Wine Trail in October
– Neshaminy Creek Brewing Co. is celebrating its 10th anniversary with a rebranded look
“There’s so much Bucks County hospitality product coming in 2022 that we remain optimistic about our industry for the future,” said Bencivengo.
Samantha Bambino can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org