United Way of Bucks County recently announced its newly elected board officers.
Catherine McElroy, who recently retired from Bucks County Community College, will extend her position as board chair for another year. McElroy has served in various leadership roles on the board since 2012, and is credited with leading the organization through the unique challenges of COVID-19.
“To say that the past year was a challenge is an understatement,” said McElroy. “I am proud that we accelerated our pace and provided more support than ever before in Bucks County. I extend my thanks to my fellow board members, our staff, and all those who have worked with us over the past year.”
Kristen Elder, CPA and finance leader with a long history in the pharmaceutical industry, will continue her role as corporate secretary.
Jeane Vidoni, president and CEO of Penn Community Bank, will continue as vice chair of community impact, a position she has held since 2016. Vidoni leads the region’s largest locally run, independent mutual bank.
Carol Schramm, finance director at Gannett, will serve as the organization’s treasurer.
Paul Bencivengo, president and COO at Visit Bucks County, will continue to serve as vice chair, nominating committee. He said he plans to continue building an active, passionate board. He noted that the newly elected board class exceeds the organization’s expectations.
“Our new board class has a wide array of professional skills that will help the organization continue to innovate and support the community,” said Bencivengo. “Their unique backgrounds will also bring much diversity of thought as the board continues to evolve and face the challenges of today and tomorrow.”
New members, elected last month, include the following:
– Joseph Albert, director of festivals and events at Peddler’s Village
– Kevin Antoine, vice president/chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer at Bucks County Community College
– Susan Baranowski, corporate director of human resources at Refined Hospitality
– Gena Jaffe, founder of Connecting Rainbows
– Amy Musolino, a seasoned marketing executive currently service as the vice president of U.S. marketing at IQVIA
– Purvi Panwala, a seasoned professional with experience in hotel management, acquisition and development, who is the co-founder of both CRC Construction and PPM Corporation, and is a hospitality law lecturer at American University in Washington, D.C.
– Marc Sabo, director of product oversight and governance at BlackRock in Princeton, New Jersey
– Bernard Tynes, senior vice president and director of marketing and data analytics at Penn Community Bank
“Our board of directors is a team of community leaders committed to creating opportunities for quality education, financial stability and good health to ensure real, lasting change,” said Marissa Christie, president and CEO of United Way of Bucks County. “Our newest board members bring incredible passion, experience and expertise. They will be instrumental in furthering our mission.”
Visit uwbucks.org or call 215-949-1660 for more information.