Secretary of the Department of Community and Economic Development Dennis Davin recently announced 135 new project approvals through the Commonwealth Financing Authority for environmental and infrastructure in counties across Pennsylvania, including Bucks.
“This funding supports projects that will enhance the quality of life for Pennsylvanians in neighborhoods across the state, improving recreational spaces and boosting critical environmental and infrastructural upgrades – reinforcing safety and remediation efforts that can transform community spaces,” Davin said.
The 135 Act 13 projects approved are in 38 counties. The total funding is more than $15 million.
The projects are designated for specific initiatives as follows:
– Flood mitigation: 16 projects approved; $2,514,222
– Greenways, trails and recreation: 99 projects approved; $10,872,638
– Sewage facilities: Two projects approved; $33,244
– Orphan or abandoned well plugging: One project approved; $500,000
– Watershed restoration and protection: 17 projects approved; $1,713,268
Click here for a complete list of Act 13 projects approved.