The Pennsylvania Bar Association is presenting awards that recognize outstanding leadership in the legal profession and extraordinary service and longstanding membership in the association.
Those being honored in Bucks County include:
– Paul Brownstein, Law Offices of Paul Brownstein LLC, Southampton – Fifty-Year Member Award
– Steven Cotlar, Cotlar & Cotlar, Doylestown – Fifty-Year Member Award
– Elizabeth J. Fineman, Antheil Maslow & MacMinn LLP, Doylestown – PBA Special Achievement Award for stepping up and filling a co-editor position of the PBA Family Law Section Pennsylvania Family Lawyer newsletter, one of the association’s largest section publications; in addition to regular editing responsibilities, a redesign was coordinated to give the quarterly publication a contemporary look
– Gary A. Friedberg, Bensalem – Fifty-Year Member Award
– Charles O. Marte Jr., Marte & Toadvine, Langhorne – Fifty-Year Member Award
– Martin V. Miller, Doylestown – Fifty-Year Member Award
– Carol A. Shelly, Shelly Law Offices LLC, Doylestown – PBA President’s Award for her high level of professionalism, dedication and commitment demonstrated as a member of the PBA COVID-19 Task Force that addressed issues impacting the legal profession during the pandemic; task force members were instrumental in developing resources for members, cosponsoring informative programs and advocating for law students
PBA Special Achievement Awards recognize those lawyers and individuals who have provided time and resources to improve the association and legal profession. The President’s Awards, bestowed at the discretion of the 2019-20 PBA President Anne N. John, recognize extraordinary commitment to the association. PBA Fifty-Year Member Awards recognize lawyers who have been association members for five decades.
The Special Achievement and President’s Awards are being presented Nov. 19 during a virtual awards presentation held during Committee/Section Day. Fifty-Year Member Awards were presented separately.