Bensalem Township School District recently announced that Just for the Kids Education Foundation selected its Classroom Project Awards recipients for the 2020-21 school year. The foundation has funded classroom projects since 1996, exceeding $500,000.
The funds go directly into the classrooms of all nine Bensalem schools, helping teachers achieve their respective educational goals and enhance their classroom presentations.
The nine projects, totaling $5,098.53, include:
– Cornwells Guitar Club: Cornwells Elementary, Justin Aungst, $482
– You Call This Democracy? A Student’s Take: Faust Elementary, Elaine Lodge, $500; and Mary Savage, $500
– That’s My Story, Representative Literature in the Classroom: Faust Elementary, Mary Savage, $475
– Scholastic News for 4th Graders: Struble Elementary, Michelle Klucsarits, $550
– Club Ophelia: Valley Elementary, Michelle Briggs, $500
– Middle School Math Intervention Resource: Shafer Middle School, Morgan Golombek, $270
– World Language Books for Shafer Library: Shafer, Anne McKernan, $496.48
– Picture Books in Middle School Education for Snyder Library: Snyder Middle School, Anne McKernan, $476,49
– Secondary Life Skills STEM Enrichment: Bensalem High School, Sharon Mikulski, $498.56
– BHS Literary Magazine: Bensalem High School, Karen Sibley, $350