As the region enters the green phase on Friday, June 26, Northampton Township provided reopening updates for township departments.
This will remain closed to the public until further notice. All functions of township operation continue remotely via telecommuting. The July and August board of supervisors meetings will be held virtually via Zoom. If you have questions or need assistance, call 215-357-6800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northampton Township Library
Curbside pickup of materials will begin on Monday, June 29. Place holds at northamptontownshiplibrary.org/ using your library card and PIN in the catalog. If you have a question, complete the “Have a Question” form on the top, left side of the website or call 215-357-3050. You will receive a notice that your pickup is ready after June 26. Curbside pickup hours are Monday through Thursday, from 1 to 7 p.m.; and Saturday, from 1 to 5 p.m.
The library is tentatively scheduled to open to the public on Monday, July 27, following appropriate CDC, state and county health department guidance.
If you have library materials, the library will be taking returns. Returned materials will not be immediately discharged and will remain in quarantine for at least three days. No fines will be charged.
Northampton Senior Center
This will remain closed until Sept. 9. Restrictions and guidance details are being developed and will be published in the near future.
Parks & Recreation Department
Parks are not fully open in the green phase, but restrictions in accordance with CDC requirements still remain. While the parks, playgrounds and other park amenities are open for use, it is strongly suggested to continue precautions such as social distancing, wearing masks and practicing heightened personal hygiene. Vulnerable populations should stay home.
– Park restrooms are open; recommendation is that only one person or one family uses the facility at one time
– Playgrounds are open, however will not be sanitized
– Tennis/pickleball courts are open; singles and doubles play allowed but caution should be used to minimize incidental contact; game balls are to be disinfected before and after every game and practice
– Basketball courts are open; balls are to be disinfected before and after each game/practice
– All spectators must practice social distancing; two spectators per player
– Hockey rink is open; games and practices are allowed; no more than 30 players per court
– Only the number of players that can practice 6-feet social distancing are to be in the players bench; all others must be outside the area
– Baseball/softball fields are open; games and practices are allowed; two spectators allowed with each diamond managed not to exceed gatherings of 90; game balls are to be disinfected before and after every game and practice
– Picnic pavilions are open; permits for scheduled use will be authorized after July 6; groups of no more than 25 are recommended; social distancing is to be practiced
If you choose to use township parks, please abide by the following in order to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Playgrounds, door handles, benches, bleachers, picnic tables, fencing, etc. are high contact areas and are not being sanitized. Water fountains will remain off. It is recommended park users come prepared with personal refillable water bottles and personal hand sanitizer.
This will open only for the camp program on Monday, July 6. No other programs will take place in the facility during the summer months while camp is in session to allow for disinfection. Programming may begin in September dependent upon the status of the virus and phasing in guidelines.
This will be open for summer camp and limited membership on Monday, July 6. Swimteam has been canceled.
The Northampton Township Police Department is fully staffed, fully operational, and ready to serve residents 24/7. It relies on members of the community to report suspicious activity and crime so that it can take police action when needed. Call 911 for emergencies or 215-357-8700 for non-emergencies, or just to provide information.
Building & Codes
This department is open and staffed on a limited basis, but the building is not open to the public. Permits are being accepted, reviews completed, and inspections scheduled. Given the unique aspects of each project, it is recommended that you call the office at 215-355-3883 to discuss your project and to make arrangements for the submission of any materials.
This department is fully staffed, fully operational, and ready to serve the residents of the township. Call 215-357-6800 to report an issue.