Bucks County Playhouse, based in New Hope, is going digital with a half-hour(ish) program of online entertainment featuring performances and interviews with Playhouse writers, directors, designers and actors, acoustic performances from Playhouse artists, remembrances from Playhouse alums, and whatever else BCP can concoct to keep in touch with each other during this remarkable time in our lives.
Watch on Facebook Live every other Sunday starting May 31, at 7 p.m. There will be no program on July 5 due to the holiday weekend.
This Sunday, Bucks County Playhouse Live! will feature the following:
– A catch-up with Marilu Henner about her early stage career and why she keeps returning to the stage
– Julie Halston with sage advice on how to keep sane during trying times
– The chemistry of making a great cocktail with noted cardiologist Dr. Harlan Weisman
– Playhouse favorite vocalist Carter Calvert (Patsy Cline) delivers Carole King on a platter
– Drama Teachers Speak Out – An interview with Delaware Valley high school drama teachers about how the Playhouse is helping them keep their students engaged
– The Deck in Motion – Friday’s delivery and take-out at The Deck gives the Keystone Cops a run for their money
“While a ghost light on our stage awaits our reopening, we can’t help but get our favorite performers together and try our hand at a fun, madcap and maybe a little enlightening thirty minutes of streaming entertainment to keep us connecting as we ponder how to best come out of hiding,” said producing director Alexander Fraser, executive producer Robyn Goodman and producer Josh Fiedler. “
The program is line produced by Jeremy Ehlinger and Michael Traupman, and made possible with support from the Playhouse Annual Fund and Reopening Campaign donors. The Playhouse is grateful for season support from Bank of America.