It has been 25 years since the township purchased the historic farm on Bridgetown Pike
Rose McMenamin (front row, fourth from R), president of the Playwicki Farm Foundation, presented a special commemorative plaque to Ray Weldie (back row, second from L), chairman of the Lower Southampton Township board of supervisors, marking the 25th anniversary since the board purchased the historic 110-acre Playwicki Farm, located at 2350 Bridgetown Pike in Feasterville, from the estate of Elizabeth Snodgrass on May 18, 1994.
The plaque will be placed on permanent display at the Lower Southampton Township building, 1500 Desire Ave., Feasterville.
Accepting the plaque with Weldie were supervisors (from L) Deb Kaplan, Kim Koutsouradis, Ed Shannon and Keith Wesley. Sharing the presentation with McMenamin (front row, from L) were foundation board member Jim Kates, treasurer Don Rubin, vice president Patrice Luongo, and board members June Olson and Mike Lesher.
The farm’s silver anniversary will feature a year-long celebration of community events filled with food, fun and entertainment.
The Playwicki Farm Foundation was created in September 1996 as an independent, tax exempt corporation to raise money for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. The funds are used for the repair, replacement, maintenance and preservation of Playwicki Farm and the development of educational programs.
The foundation can be reached at email@example.com or 215–357–7300, ext. 340.